7 Tips For A Hassle-Free Baby Bathing Session
If you are a new parent, you are in for a roller-coaster of learning and growing. Along with the joy and excitement comes the need to care for your little bundle of joy. Bathing, feeding, burping, swaddling, rocking – just about everything you need to do may start to look a bit daunting at first but with practice and time, you’ll master it, like a pro. One of the biggest challenges is to bathe the little ones, as they tend to get cranky during bath-time. But we’re here to help you out with a few tips to make baby’s bath-time enjoyable.
- Bathing frequency – Newborn babies do not need to be bathed very often. Their skin is delicate and naturally protected. Till the umbilical cord stump dries and falls off they need to be gently cleaned with a soft, wet cloth. Use a damp cloth to clean between the folds of the skin. You may then start to bathe them twice or thrice a week. A daily bathing routine is best established when your baby is 1-1.5 months old.
- Pick the right time – To get your little one to enjoy bath-time, it is important to pick the time of the day when your child is well-rested and not very hungry. Do not feed your baby just before a bath, schedule the meal a little after you bathe and dry your baby. A warm bath and a warm meal may help babies sleep better. An hour before bedtime is typically a suitable time for baby baths.
- Oil massages – Give your baby regular oil massages with goodness.me Organic Baby Oil or a similar product that contains organic coconut oil for baby’s This will help their muscles grow stronger, while keeping skin moisturized.
- Choose the right baby products – It is very important to pick the right baby products. Do not use adult bathing products on your baby as their skin is thin and likely to absorb the toxins present in those products. It is best to opt for paraben-free products from brands like goodness.me. Their certified organic baby wash is free from harmful mineral oils and toxins and are made from organic ingredients. A tear-free certified organic baby wash with natural fragrances, preferably one that comes with a pump dispenser can be an invaluable asset during baby bath time.
- Prepping up – Babies have a very delicate skin. This makes it important to keep the bathing area warm and cozy before you start to bathe them. Always keep the bath essentials handy. Keep the head-to-toe wash or baby soap, clean towels, a sponge or a soft cloth and the swaddling cloth ready before you bring your baby in for a bath.
- A happy and safe bath-time – It is important to keep one hand under your baby’s head/neck at all times to prevent them from slipping into the water. In the early weeks, you may want to seek the help of your partner or someone else. This will help you keep a steady but gentle grip on the baby. Even as the baby grows older and can sit steadily, never leave the baby alone in the bath even for a few moments. Use an anti-slip bathing mat if you are comfortable. As your child grows older, he or she may start to enjoy bath-time. You can have a few floatable toys around or even blow some bubbles to get them all giggly and happy!
- Prevent the chills – It is important to close the door to maintain the temperature of the bathroom. Keep a warm towel ready to wrap up your child immediately after the bath. Remember not to rub the baby’s wet skin but to gently pat dry.
You are now all set to give your baby the most relaxing and rejuvenating bath!